Latest release – the romance
FLUTE 2 – ALTO
Bb CLARINETTE 1
Bb CLARINETTE 2
Bb BASS CLARINETTE
FRENCH HORN 1
PERCUSSION – CHIMES
PERCUSSION – CROTALES
- Utilizes Ternary Sonata form INTRO – A1 – A2 – B – A3 – A4 – OUTRO
- Repetitions of the same melody
- Solo viola in interaction with solo English horn, the rest of the orchestra providing quiet harmonies in all sections except for the outro
- For the each A section there is slightly variation of the theme
- For the last two A sections the pitch rises and the volume is slightly higher than for the other sections
- The gnawing starts at the outro where the solo viola may excel
- Medium-slow pace.
- Flows and is set by the melody from the English horn and harp.
- Not the main melody. Played by the English horn and it sets the rhythm.
- Quiet string sections playing in harmony with woodwinds. Mainly violins in flautando.
- Muted, dark, somber and muted.
- Soft and quiet.
- Polyphonic strings and winds in a progression.
- Slow and at times speeding up slightly.
- Repetitions of the same note progressions with sliding quality in between notes.
- Simple melody (theme) played by the viola, gradual movements and shifts.
- Winds and supporting strings play extremely softly in the background, letting the viola stand out as the solo instrument.
- Clear, somber, lovely
- Slightly quiet but builds throughout the section.
- Polyphonic as the supporting strings and wind are playing a slightly different music line than the melody which is distinguishable at moments but melts in and away.